The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Unsafe gas appliances produce a highly poisonous gas called carbon monoxide (CO). It can cause death as well as serious long term health problems such as brain damage.

Six main symptoms to look out for:

1. headaches

2. dizziness

3. nausea

4. breathlessness

5. collapse

6. loss of consciousness

Being aware of the symptoms could save yourlife. Carbon monoxide symptoms are similar to flu, food poisoning, viral infections and simply tiredness. That’s why it’s quite common for people to mistake this very dangerous poisoning for something else.

How to prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The best way to prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is to have your gas appliance’s serviced every 12 months. This means boilers, fires, hobs etc, should all be checked for safety. We aso advise any customer with a gas appliance to have an audible carbon monoxide alarm fitted in their house. This will sound an alarm if any carbon monoxide is detected and is great for peace of mind, especially if their are children in the house.

Having peace of mind with Metcalfes

Metcalfes can give you peace of mind while at home by either installing an audible alarm, servicing your appliances or in most cases both. All of our engineers are GAS SAFE registered and can provide an unbeatable service to you and your friends.

The next step

Call Metcalfes today to receive your FREE quotation on 07970358914

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <strong>
<abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite="">
<cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike>